Monday, February 6, 2012

More Beautiful Growth of $1 Chart

With all my recent focus on reporting and visualization, you might think that I have the investments all figured out.  Unfortunately, that is not the case, and I will resume more standard investment and systems posts soon.  I did want to share what I think are two more beautiful Growth of a $1 visualizations.  Although my lattice code is far from tight, I think the result is fairly good using and modifying some of the Economist style graphs offered in latticeExtra.

From TimelyPortfolio

With a little modification, the chart.CumReturns from PerformanceAnalytics can also look very similar.  I will let you choose your favorite.  However, the lattice version will much more likely appear in my reports.

From TimelyPortfolio

Get code from GIST:

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. You can do the same using ggplot2 with fewer lines of code. Here is a gist with the code. https://gist.github.com/1760199

    ReplyDelete